Presentations

Rizwan Hussain - Alberta Transportation
Harold Peine - Jacobs Engineering Group
Sandra Menzies - Jacobs Engineering Group
Jennifer Krochak - Mountain Views Partners

The Southwest Calgary Ring Road (SWCRR) is the fourth of five sections that make up the Calgary Ring Road. When completed, the Ring Road will enhance the safe, efficient movement of goods and people in and around Calgary, reducing overall traffic congestion and providing effective routes for commercial vehicles taking goods across the province, country, and to foreign ports.

Construction of the SWCRR spans between Highway 8 and Macleod Trail SE and incorporates reconstruction of Glenmore Trail between Sarcee Trail and east of 37 Street SW. The project includes 31 kilometers of six- and eight-lane divided highway, 14 interchanges, one road flyover, one railway crossing (flyover), 47 bridges, one culvert set, one tunnel, and three river crossings over the Elbow River and Fish Creek.

The $1.42 billion project was awarded to Mountain View Partners (MVP) in 2016 on a Design, Build, Finance and Operate (DBFO) contract. Under the agreement, the province will fund 60 per cent of the capital construction cost, while MVP will finance the remaining 40 per cent over the 30-year operating period. Construction of the project is being managed by the Kiewit, Graham and Ledcor Partnership (KGL), the construction arm of MVP. Preliminary work for the Southwest Calgary Ring Road has been underway since July 2016, with major construction following in the spring of 2017. The southwest portion of the ring road is expected to be open to traffic in 2021. 

Join the CEA Young Professionals Group for a speaker series on the South West Calgary Ring Road on February 1, 2018. We will begin at 8:30 am with a project overview to set the stage for presentations from various project team members, including representatives from Alberta Transportation, Jacobs, MVP, and KGL. The morning will end in a Q & A style discussion panel with the speakers.

Be sure to register early as space is limited, and check back closer to the event for details on presenters and topics. 

Agenda  
08:00 am – 8:30 am Registration
  8:30 am – 8:40 am Introduction / MC by Cory Wilson, McElhanney Consulting
  8:40 am – 9:20 am Rizwan Hussain, Alberta Transportation 
  9:20 am – 9:40 am Harold Peine, Jacobs Engineering Group
  9:40 am – 10:00 am Sandra Menzies, Jacobs Engineering Group
10:00 am – 10:20 am Coffee Break
10:20 am – 10:40 am Jennifer Krochak, Mountain View Partners
10:40 am – 11:00 am Mark Fish, Kiewit, Graham, Ledcor Partnership
11:00 am – 11:30 am Panel Session
   
Time: 8:30 am to 11:30 am 
Venue: Grey Eagle Resort and Casino
  3779 Grey Eagle Dr.
  Calgary
Registration Deadline: Wednesday, January 31, 2018 
Refund Cut-off Date:  Thursday, January 25, 2018

Questions

For inquiries, please contact Inderjeet Singh isingh@cea.ca.

Cancellation Policy

In order to receive a partial refund, a request for cancellation must be received by email at finance@cea.ca prior to the registration deadline. No refunds will be provided after the refund cut-off date of the event. To avoid disappointment, early registration for activities is encouraged as space may be limited.

Refunds will be subject to a $25.00 administrative fee.

Substitutions are welcome. Please contact the CEA office with any changes: finance@cea.ca or 780-421-1852.

CEA has the right to cancel an activity due to low attendance, a full refund will then be offered.

Important Items


Stay Connected 

      


CEA Members Login Help