In 1978, Consulting Engineers of Alberta was registered as an industry association, making CEA the official voice for the consulting engineering industry in Alberta. In June 1992, the Consulting Engineers of Alberta Act was passed in the Alberta Legislature. This act confers the right to use the title "Member of Consulting Engineers of Alberta" (MCEA) exclusively to the members of CEA. Through the support of credible membership, CEA is addressing key issues with a powerful and unified voice. From spearheading the application for legislation to the production of an annualpublication showcasing Alberta consulting engineers, CEA is dedicated to taking the steps necessary to ensure a positive future for our members.
CEA needs the active support of more industry firms to accomplish these urgent objectives:
- Enhance the image of the industry.
- Promote the business interest of the industry firms.
- Establish viable consulting fees consistent with the actual value of service
- Alleviate the liability issue
Each applicant for membership in CEA must satisfy the criteria stipulated in the Consulting Engineers of Alberta Act and regulations and CEA Bylaws.
- A partnership or other association of persons or a corporation that holds a Permit to Practice from the Association of Professional Engineers of Alberta (APEGA).
- Operate a business offering one or more of the services listed in Schedule 'A' (below)
- Maintain permanent facilities and have employees in Alberta, managed by one or more professional engineers.
- Have at least two years operating experience as a consulting engineering business.
- Employ an individual in Alberta who is a professional engineer, who has, after registration as a professional engineer, at least five years experience in consulting engineering.
- Abide by the CEA Code of Consulting Engineering Ethics and Member Charter
- Feasibility Studies
- Cost Estimating
- Conceptual Design
- Contract Administration
- Project Management
- Advisory Services
- Expert Witness
- Research & Development
If you have any questions, please contact us by email email@example.com or call us at 780-421-1852. Thank you for considering CEA membership.